Pages

Friday 9 April 2021

The Stations Of The Cross

On Holy Thursday, the 1st of April, the year 7 and 8’s of my school, including myself,  got prepared to recreate the Stations of the Cross in the hall. The Stations of the Cross are phases that Jesus went through before his crucifixion. There are 14 stations that Jesus had to go through before finally breathing his last breath.

We practised in the morning then went back to our normal morning routine in our classroom. We had a normal morning tea but our lunch time was shortened to 10 minutes, because some people had to get dressed in their costumes. Because I was one of the narrators I didn't have to get changed into anything but my uniform. 

The characters were Jesus, the 6 soldiers, Mary and her friend, Simon and his friends, Veronica and her friends, the women of Jerusalem and the 2 narrators, which I chose to be.  


We went up to the hall, took pictures and got into our positions. I felt quite scared narrating because their were a lot of people in front of me, but I was also quite confident since they weren’t looking at me, but what was going on around them. 


After the Stations of the Cross we went to class, got changed back into our uniform, cleaned the classroom and got ready to go home.


I felt like the event was a really big success because everything went how we wanted it to go, there were no mistakes made and everyone’s facial expressions just made the scene more tense and sad.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.